The 2020-2021 SOULE Scholarship (Provided by the SOULE Foundation) was created to provide financial support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) youth of color who are pursuing a college degree. This is our first scholarship program set to support the next generation of leaders who have already been working tirelessly on numerous programs, projects, and activities aimed at making schools and communities safe and welcoming for all. Through this scholarship, LGBTQ youth can apply for funds to pay for educationally related expenses to pursue a degree from an accredited college or university. This year, SOULE is awarding up to three scholarships for $2,500 each.
Application Guidelines and Procedures
- This award is open to Graduating High School Seniors who identify as LGBTQ person of color
- Applicants must be from the Tri-State area (New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey).
- Award criteria is based on the demonstration of past leadership and community service involvement, academic credentials, personal essay, letters of recommendation, an individual interview and a financial need.
- Applicants must send the completed application along with one letter of recommendation, two essays and an official High School transcript by March 1, 2021.
- Finalists must participate in an individual interview that will be scheduled between April 18 2021 – April 29, 2021
- All applications must be complete for consideration.
- The Soule Foundation must receive all applications no later than March 20, 2021. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Awards are given only to applicants approved by the Scholarship Committee based on the criteria above. The Soule Foundation is not required to award all 3 scholarships annually.
- Award Winner/s must be available for photo/video shoot to receive the award.
- Award Winner/s must be available for the Soule Foundation Gala which occurs during NYC Pride Weekend.
The 2021 digital scholarship application is active here
Digital Recommendation form here
College advisor & guidance seeking advertisement collateral, email us at email@example.com
Scholarship Awarding Process
Scholarship awards will not be distributed until The Soule Foundation receives all required documentation, including a copy of the acceptance letter from the institution the student will be attending and verification of attendance by the relevant admissions office. SOULE will award exactly $1,500 USD directly to the recipient and pay exactly $1,000 USD to the recipient’s College / University for tuition, totaling to the $2500 USD obligation of The SOULE Foundation Scholarship.
Completed applications should be submitted to The Soule Foundation for review and consideration.
(a) The completed application form
(b)One letter of recommendation
(d) Official High school Transcript
(e) Signed Photograph & Video Release Form
(f) Copy of your SAR: Student Aid Report from FAFSA
Please direct questions to: Scholarship@soulefoundation.org